Easter Bunny listen up!
- Hard candies like suckers, jaw breakers and Jolly Ranchers because they are in the mouth longer, exposing teeth to sugar over a longer period of time, which leads to decay.
- Chewy candies such as jelly beans, fruit chews and gummy bears. They can weaken or pull out sealants and fillings.
Dentist approved treats:
- Sugar-free gum
- Chocolate bunnies (plain chocolate won’t stick to teeth like other candies)
- Sugar-free candy
- Toothbrushes (cartoon characters and bright colors or an electric toothbrush)
- Stickers or temporary tattoos
- Coloring books/crayons
- Comic books/magazines
- Lip balm
Tips to eliminate cavities:
- Eat just a couple pieces a day
- Brush and floss after eating candy